The JVC DLA-NP5B D-ILA home theater projector features a 4K120p input to reproduce full 4K-resolution (4096 x 2160 pixels) images. 4K120p input also makes the projector ideal for gaming when combined with Low Latency mode. The projector is driven by three 0.69-inch native 4K D-ILA devices, and 17-element, 15-group all glass lens with 65 mm diameter to project high-resolution images to every corner of the screen with a brightness as high as 1,900 lumens. Compatible with the latest HDR10+, HLG, and Frame Adapt HDR with Theater optimizer, the projector is designed to present industry leading HDR performance.
4K Native Resolution
Equipped with refined 0.69" native 4K D-ILA device and newly developed digital driver LSI for native 4K resolution.
D-ILA projectors continue to evolve for the better. The latest three models feature an original native 0.69" 4K D-ILA devices, which were first adopted on model DLA-Z1; this device has been improved with process refinements on planarization and reflection efficiency to achieve higher contrast and brightness. Additionally, a dedicated driver LSI was also enhanced to simultaneously drive each of the three (R/G/B) native 4K D-ILA devices at high-speed 120fps. As a result, precise and smooth image projection unique to 4K native can be achieved with the combination of a new device and new driver LSI.
HDR10+ Support allows a choice for two dynamic tone mappings
When it comes to reproducing the rich video information of HDR content including the extended brightness range, BT.2020 wide colour gamut and 10-bit gradation, rely on one of the new D-ILA projectors. New models support all HDR formats including HDR10 for Blu-ray and streaming, HLG for broadcasting, and the latest HDR10+ signal format with dynamic metadata compatibility.
JVC projectors are compatible with the two dynamic tone mappings of HDR10+ and Frame Adapt HDR. HDR10+ contains the metadata of the producer's intentions for each scene, Frame Adapt HDR instantly analyses the peak brightness in HDR10 content using an original algorithm. Ensuring you can watch any HDR content in optimal picture quality.
Frame Adapt HDR function
The Frame Adapt HDR function* enables reproduction of any HDR10 content dynamically and in high-resolution!
The colour grading of HDR content varies, some HDR content are adjusted to bright side and others to the dark side. Using JVC’s original algorithm, Frame Adapt HDR instantly analyses the peak brightness in HDR10 content frame-by-frame and in real time adjusts the projector to the optimum dynamic range. What’s more, the gamma processing accuracy of gradation performance has been improved dramatically from, 12-bit to 18-bit.
All these advancements help to bring out deeper blacks in darker scenes, and higher peaks in brighter scenes without losing colours. Reproducing images with smooth gradations, that are closer to reality as seen by the human eye. (*from firmware version 3.10 and higher)
In the picture, scene 1 represents a dark scene, scene 2 a bright scene and scene 3 a combination of bright and dark.
4K120p input ideal for Low Latency Mode
Because these projectors are equipped with 4K120p input, signal latency is infinitesimal, making it effective when displaying high frame-rate gaming content on large screens. What’s more, Low Latency Mode reduces delay in displaying PC signals and games, and improves response to the users’ rapid operations.
High quality, all glass lens
All glass, high-resolution lens with full aluminium lens barrel
The DLA-NX9 is equipped with an 18-element, 16-group all-glass lens featuring a full aluminium lens barrel. In order to project high-resolution images to every corner of the screen with the 100 mm diameter lens offering wide lens shift of ±100% vertically and ±43% horizontally, the projector adopts five ED lenses that take into account differences in the R/G/B refractive index to reduce chromatic aberration and colour fringing when lens shift kicks in to deliver precise reproduction of 8K-resolution projection. The DLA-N7 and DLA-N5 models feature a 17-element, 15-group all glass lens with 65 mm diameter to project fully focused 4K native resolution to all corners of the screen.
- New 0.69 inch 4K D-ILA (4096 x 2160) device x 3
- High-definition display at 4K resolution (4096 x 2160)
- Exceptionally bright 1,900 lm means bright, high-resolution images
- Deep Blacks are realized by a High Native Contrast Ratio of 40,000:1 (Dynamic Contrast Ratio 400,000:1)
- 2x HDMI (48 Gbps, HDCP 2.3) inputs, supporting 4K120P input signals
- 17-element, 15-group all-glass 65mm diameter high-quality lens
- Compatible with the two dynamic tone mappings of HDR10+ content and Frame Adapt HDR with Theatre Optimizer
- As a part the Frame Adapt HDR, the projector offers improved gamma processing accuracy from 12- to 18-bit equivalent to reproduce smoother and finer gradation
- Theater Optimizer** function, which works in Frame Adapt HDR mode, offers optimum HDR images by analyzing usage environments using the screen size and gain information and intelligently adjusts tone mapping.
- The projector automatically reproduces HDR10+ content based on the metadata of the producers intentions for each scene.
- For easy reproduction, the projector switches automatically to HDR picture mode when HDR10 signals are received
- Display the MaxCLL and MaxFALL mastering data available for HDR content on some UHD Blu-ray discs
- Compatible with Hybrid Log-Gamma that is expected to be used widely in future broadcasting
- 10 Installation Modes centrally manages various settings related to installation to enjoy video best suited for each environment
- Settings of Installation Mode include Lens Control, Pixel Adjustment, Mask, Anamorphic on or off, Screen Adjust, Installation Style, Keystone, Pincushion, and Aspect; stored installation modes for various environments can be called up.
- Renewed Clear Motion Drive supporting 4K60P (4:4:4) signal improves moving images more than ever
- Motion Enhance technology reduces residual images and blurring that are often found in fast-moving images by optimally controlling the drive of D-ILA devices
- Low Latency Mode suppresses display delay for faster response when receiving signals from PC and game consoles
- Colour Management System with 6-axis Matrix
- Auto-Calibration Function using an optical sensor*** is capable of optimizing essential elements in the image, including colour balance, gamma characteristics, colour space and colour tracking
- ISF C3 (Certified Calibration Controls) mode**** to reproduce excellent picture quality optimized for specific environments.
- Wireless transmission options for 3D viewing: RF (radio frequency) system transmission with PK-AG3 3D Glasses for 100H continuous operation and PK-EM2 3D Synchro Emitter
**Theater Optimizer can be activated only when the projectors picture mode is set to Frame Adapt HDR.
***Exclusive JVC software installed in PC and optical sensor are required. Please visit the JVC website for details.