Cambridge Audio DAC Magic Plus
If you have any questions about this article, just contact our customer service.
Info Hotline:If you can not reach us by phone, just use our contact form:
Improving on a legend is never easy, but Cambridge Audio has gone back to the drawing board to create the DacMagic Plus with exciting new features, wireless device connectivity, and best of all, significantly enhanced audio performance.
We live in a world of immense musical opportunity. Computers, TVs and Blu-ray players can all deliver audio to your hi-fi system, but because they’re primarily designed to perform other functions, their audio outputs lack quality. But by simply connecting them to DacMagic Plus, you can bypass their inbuilt digital to analogue converters transforming their humdrum performance into something altogether more spectacular!
DacMagic Plus works by taking a digital audio signal from your PC, digital iPod dock or TV which it analyses and upgrades using the clever ATF2 algorithm. It’s totally flexible and supports digital music of all formats. DacMagic Plus even supports 24-bit data over USB so you can enjoy better than CD quality from uncompressed music stored on your PC.
And by linking the Cambridge Audio plug-and-play BT100 wireless audio receiver to DacMagic Plus, you can also stream music wirelessly from your iPhone, Android smartphone, iPad, tablet, laptop or any device that supports Bluetooth*. Best of all, if your smartphone, tablet or Apple Mac supports the high-end audio aptX CODEC, you can stream audiophile quality music from your device to DacMagic Plus.
Of course the range of music available from today’s mobile devices is almost endless and as well as controlling and playing stored music, online music services like Spotify and Last.fm can be shared with your hi-fi in stunning quality.
*Optional BT100 audio receiver required
- Twin Wolfson WM8740 24bit DACs used in dual differential configuration
- New Anagram Technologies ATF2™ 24-bit/384kHz audio up-sampling / jitter reduction
- Optional Digital Preamp mode allowing connection directly to power amp or active speakers
- 24-bit/96kHz driverless USB Audio 1.0
- 24-bit/192kHz USB Audio 2.0 with ASIO or kernel streaming modes
- Asynchronous USB transfer for very low jitter
- Selectable digital filters - linear phase, minimum phase and steep
- Balanced XLR audio output and RCA phono output
- Two 24 bit digital inputs (with optical or coaxial for each)
- External input for optional BT100 Bluetooth receiver - allows audio to be streamed and up-sampled from any paired Bluetooth device
- Supports high quality apt-X Bluetooth CODEC as well as standard SBC Bluetooth CODEC
- Available in black or silver finishes
We have a wide range of Cambridge Audio devices available for demonstration in our HiFi studios in Berlin-Kreuzberg. We look forward to your visit!