The HPA V280 was developped with the target to enable ultimate transmission quality for low- , medium- and high-impedance headphones. These may also be balanced versions. Due to its specific, variable, low-noise and low-distortion circuit design especially optimised for dynamic headphones, the HPA V280 fulfils even highest demands. Like his "bigger brother" HPA V281 also HPA V280 uses the Violectric V200 amp technology to enable the typical uncolored but smooth sound signature.
- Balanced inputs with gold-plated Neutrik XLR connectors
- Unbalanced inputs with gold-plated ALPS RCA connectors
- switchable unbalanced outputs with RCA connectors
- optional digital input (USB or Coax or Optical)96 or 192 kHz
- PRE-GAIN = switchable input gain in five steps
- Independent-channel design
- ALPS RK27 High-Grade volume control
- High-Quality op-amps in the signal path
- High-quality MKP capacitors in the signal path
- 0.1 and 1% metal film resistors throughout the unit
- 4 amplifiers with V200 technology
- 1 balanced headphone output, Neutrik 4-pin, gold plated
- 2 single ended silver-plated Neutrik headphone outputs
- Relay-based headphone output cutoff
- 2 large toroidal transformers
- Large filtering capacitors in the power supply
- Switchable ground lift
- Rugged aluminium case with Nextel coating
- Solid, laser-engraved aluminium front panel
because of low internal gain.
Therefore the self generated noise from the amplifer is not audible.
HIGH OUTPUT VOLTAGE
through balanced amp technology.
Therefore best suited for high impedance headphones.
Over 95 % of all headphone amplifiers in the market offer not half that voltage !!
HIGH OUTPUT POWER
because of powerful amplifiers able to deliver much more current a headphone needs.
Therefore best suited for low impedance headphones and even magnetostatic cans !!
HIGH DAMPING FACTOR
through lowest output impedance.
Therefore best suited for full control even over critical headphones with the garantee to have flatest possible response.
The four built-in amplifiers provide balanced operation of headphones.
Connection is made via 4-pin Neutrik XLR connectors.
Two “standard” headphones may be connected via 1/4" jacks on the front panel.
This amp may be equipped with different digital inputs: Coaxial, Optical or USB with either 24/96 kHz or 24/192 kHz
Case and back panel are made of aluminium and are Nextel coated.
The 8 mm frontpanel is black or silver anodized. The labeling is laser engraved.